A Little Carburetor Help Please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A Little Carburetor Help Please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

I've been waiting to try out an NH straight through carburetor I found at Hershey and rebuilt. The bowl on mine was too damaged to fix ... so I asked on the forum to find another. The response was well meaning but I received two incorrect bowls. So, I'm still looking.

So, is there anyone out there who can spare a correct offset drain bowl for an NH carburetor? Will pay cash or a box of mixed carburetor parts. The bowl diameter is 2 7/8" and the hole on the bottom where the large brass mounting bolt goes is 9/16" diameter. The bowl is straight sided rather than rounded. The brass drain housing on the bottom is a cylinder rather than faceted like a nut. Sorry for posting here rather than in the classifieds. Thought I might attract more attention. Thanks!

Email me at mosterman@eastman.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

Here is a comparison. The bowl on the right is what I need. The one on the left is one of the bowls that was sent to me and is not correct.

bowl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

From what I see of your damaged one I'd call it fixable. Of course I can't see the other side, but if the dents showing are the problem I'd hammer them out, remove all the rust, cover the hammered part with solder, and file it smooth. Of course, I'm cheap. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Mark

Have a couple of what you might need.

PM me

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Sure ... I would do the same. The other side is dented and rusted out. The drain assembly is also smashed. The bowl I need is not so rare .... must be one out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

The later bowl & center drain work just fine. $22 worth of parts from any vendor. You only have to file a pair of half-round notches at the bottom of the body so all the gas will drain out of the carb thru the center. I just pulled early & late NHs, a new drain valve & bowl from my stock and checked. Everything will work as it should.

Send me a pm with your email address if you want photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Thanks all ... got some avenues now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration