Made in Canada Head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Made in Canada Head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James MacNaughton on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Looking for a low Made in Canada head. Any love out there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

James,

Disclaimer -- I have a head cold (?) or something similar and I'm staying home from work. So the following may be off on some points or all the points.

You might want to share what year or year range you are looking for.

A very quick - foggy - look at the MTFCI Judging Guidelines 7th Edition, leads me to believe that the "Made in Canada" may not have been added to the cylinder heads used by Ford Motor Company Canada until part way through 1923 -- which of course would be a high head by that time.

Do you currently have the original head but it needs repair? If so, some photos of what you are looking for would probably help.

Also recommend you place your request in the classified section at: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?3487/3487 as folks with extra parts they are planning to sell may look there.

And you might want to contact the Frontenac Motor Company at http://modelt.ca/trading-post/ they specialize in restoring Canadian Model Ts and advertise that they have “tons of parts for 1913-1917” they might have or they might obtain such a part in the future. Many of those parts are USA but some are Canadian.

There are some discussions of low heads for Canadian Ts that may or may not help you determine what you have/want:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/496331.html?1416984815

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/175156.html?1292100402

Good luck in your search.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

I got a pile of "made in Canada" heads, but all are high. The 3 low heads I have just have the Ford logo on them. The one I used on my '26 has "Made in USA" on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

I cannot recall ever seeing a Made in Canada low head.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James MacNaughton on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Thanks for the help, all. I assumed that since heads aren't serialised, I didn't need to specify 1918-19, as I was asking for a low head.

I didn't know about the 1923 date on "Made in Cannuckia" heads, sadly, I've never actually seen one. I was having my engine done by a nice older fella up in Moose Jaw, but he sadly passed before it could be delivered. I had a disagreement with his widow, and my nearly complete Canada engine was dropped off at a repair shop in Logan, UT, from where it disappeared.

My original head, looking back, may have just had the Ford script on it, but it was completely destroyed from having "been stored" outside for 54 years (now I know that the cooling system isn't pressurised, and I could have used my complete but very, very, very worn head - having scrapped it, I would still prefer one where the logo was nice and crisp).

As for the classifieds, a quick search revealed nothing, so I figured putting a note here wouldn't hurt. Please remove my post if I have trespassed on posting rules.

After ten long years of assembling parts and having engines and transmissions disappear either from the docks in Seacaucus, or the deserts in Utah, this is what I have to show for my time and money (it's actually a little more together now, this pic is several years old).1917 TT Canada

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration