Another Question About a '26 Trunk

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Another Question About a '26 Trunk
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 08:00 am:

Where do the gutters that are alongside the trunk lid drain? My trunk was completely rusted out at the very back and the new floor and panel under the lid completely close up the trunk. Where there holes below where the gutters end up above the floor or something else? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 08:12 am:

On the Runabout, there are ribs in the corners of the trunk pan that form a triangular area with drains holes. I assume the Coupe has similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Richard: The coupe trunk floor ends just short of the rear panel skin at the edge of rear floor cross member My '26 was very rusted too, but it was apparent the water just dumped between the rear panel skin and the gap in the floor, and eventually dribbled out of the crack next to the panel skin. There's a decent pic here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/390601.html?1385415681

at this post: By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 11:56 am:
Clean and lean............

Don Booth has posted other pics of '26-'27 coupe restorations that you may find useful, best, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Do you have much of the original floor left? Is the replacement floor an exact copy? Is it possible that this drain hole feature was simply left out of the reproduction design?

My ol' '27 roadster had a circular raised bead in the trunk floor that formed a bit of a trough. The drip rail would simply drip into the trough, and a 1/2" hole in the trunk floor would take care of the rest.

I will try to find some pics of the replacement floor that I made for it. The floor was as close to exact as I could get without stamping it. This was a '27, with the trunk floor that rolled up in the front tho... Unlike the flat '26 version.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration