13-16 Hubcap on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 13-16 Hubcap on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:15 am:

What appears to be an original 13-16 hubcap just sold on ebay for $70! I wonder if any of you guys purchased it? I would like to know if it was the real deal? It appears that it could have, but the photo of it was taken at an angle, and was hard to tell. At any rate, that is a lot of money, and I hope the buyer got what he wanted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

I did not get to see the item before it sold, but real 13-16 hubcaps have the high F. If they also have the original black background paint on them, I've seen them get pricey.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

You mean my 14 brass hubcap should have a black painted background?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Marty, Yes. Check Bruce's book for pictures, etc.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Yep. With a High F in the Script...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Think there are some in this pile :-)

R.V. Anderson's table at Luray Mid-Atlantic Pre-War swap this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Keith, that is a nice real '13 hubcap you posted above. I'm always looking for those. I'm posting a photo of a '13 next to a '14-16.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:29 am:

This is a photo of the one that sold on ebay. I emailed and asked the seller for a straight on photo. I bid, but did not get it. The price surprised me!

hc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

I remember when you could get the whole car for $70.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Thanks! Now I have another (winter) project.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration