OT: Recommendation wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT: Recommendation wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:50 am:

We have a five hour flight layover in Seattle this Sunday. What can we see in that time or mostly, any good restaurants for lunch close to the airport? Thanks. Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:08 am:

You might hit the "13 Coins" or lunch - walking distance from the terminal due east on the old Hwy 99 strip. About 5 miles west in Burien is my favorite Italian joint - Angelo's but they don't open for lunch on Sunday - good Catholics all at church !

Unfortunately, I'm about 1 & 1/2 hours SW away from the airport or I'd invite you over for a "garage tour".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:09 am:

SeaTac airport has an excellent light rail system at the airport. I used it to get downtown and took the monorail to the Space Needle.

I don't live there so there's not much I can recommend other than the transport system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold III Seattle on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:30 am:

the space needle is closed for remodeling now and will be for the next year or so. sorry. The light rail will put you right in the middle of downtown for shopping(if you need to have more stuff to haul around) there are lots of restaurants in the vicinity also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:48 am:

http://pikeplacemarket.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Light rail to Pikes Place. Iíve done this many times in the time allotted. Some great spots for lunch.
r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Grab a hotdog and go see the flight museum, best thing in Seattle. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

That will leave you only about 2 to 3 hours for your side trip and you would need to either walk or use a taxi. Remember that you will need to go through security again before you board the plane. Now if you could find someone in the area to meet you at the airport and travel somewhere nearby, it could be accomplished. I wish you were coming to San Diego. I could meet you there and there are many attractions very close to the airport here, but in Seatac you are a distance from either Seatle or Tacoma.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration