Can You Identify These?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Can You Identify These?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Do you know what these are and what they are used for?Disks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

Antique Auto Parts was owned by Gene Scott. It was located on Valley Bl. in Rosemead.

Not only did they sell N.O.S. Ford parts, but they also made many reproductions.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what those were for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Back in the 60's there was a T & A parts vendor:
Antique Auto Parts on E. Garvey Ave in Rosemead, Ca.

I used to buy parts from them but don't remember ever seeing that tag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

John,

You're right. It was on Garvey. Been a long time and the memory is a little fuzzy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Maybe dress up plugs for the cylinder head countersunk spark plug holes? These are made to keep water and debris out of the spark plug area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

I lived in Bakersfield back then. Every time I got to So. Calif. I would swing by Rosemead and also Ford Parts Obsolete in Long Beach. Two of my favorite places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

Antique auto parts on E.Garvey is still there. Funny thing is it's about a block from Derrick Pang's house . The original owner passed on and it's now run by his partner. He's got some interesting stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marvin turner on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:36 pm:

I believe the disks would be glued to a rebuilt motor. there purpose is they will fall off if overheated voiding your warentee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:05 am:

Could be babbitt ingots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 02:34 am:

Round Tuits???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 07:17 am:

I am probably wrong... but the look like bushing/seal drivers to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:29 am:

They are engine/transmission mount disks that went on top of rubber bushings for engine mount modifications on Model a Fords, similar to “float a mount “ accessory mounts

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration