Couple of questions on my 25

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Couple of questions on my 25
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

I took the cardboard panels off my three doors and they all had a piece of tin behind the panel like this

is that tin put in there from the factory or is it something a well meaning restorer put in there.
unfortunately when they put the panels on they used "Screw nails"

this made it very difficult to remove the panels without destroying them but I was successful.
the "Fake" door and the front door had a few of these nails holding them in

I found some upholstery nails similar to those but not quite as tall on the head are all the door panels supposed to be held on with these nails or the upholstery tacks with the flat head? does anyone have a picture of a correctly restored 25 touring with the panels in place? Thanks in advance for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

This fellow has them on the rear 2 of his 3 doors. You be registered to see the photos.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220891

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

They also show in these photos.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/527927.html?1433642698

Hope this helps.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 06:37 am:

Thank you Richard that answered my questions so the tin behind the door panels will stay I guess they were supposed to help keep the door panels straight or add strength to the door. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration