It's Finished!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: It's Finished!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

We had the Coupe out today. Today's weather was sunny and a little chilly. Tomorrow's forecast is snow and ice. They were laying liquid salt on the state main roads. Unless we get lucky and have warmer weather and massive rain to wash the salt away. It was our last hurrah! It's finished!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

Dan, nice pics! Glad you got out today! We were finished last weekend. Slowly puttin' em to bed. I'll finish 'em up next week. Down to the teens tomorrow night and I don't have Clara's "heated mobile home" quite ready to move into the barn as yet. She'll live! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Looks like fun. Iam doing repairs on RPU so no driving any time soon. Its 33 degrees with wind chill of 24 so not too sad. No salt here yet so there is hope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

The Farmerís Almanac is 80.6% accurate in long range weather forecasting .....

Worth a gander ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Looks great Dan, November here in Ma. has been unusually warm with highs in the 60's, but tomorrow will be our last drive with temps. expected to be down to 36/19. :-( ...Let the cabin fever threads commence. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

That is one fine looking Coupe. Putting them up for Winter is a good thing. I will continue to drive my Coupe as long as it will plow thru the snow but keep the nicer cars inside.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

In the center of the continent there are no mountains to influence air movements. So the winter is a time of air masses moving in from the north with Arctic entertainment or from the south with good driving weather. My cars hibernate part of the time, and part of the time they're out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Dan, Very nice looking Coupe.

Rich, Time to build a bigger garage? :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

Your coupe looks great .... just the way I like them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

I hope to make another run yet this year before I put the T away. Tonight it is suppose to get down to 8 degrees. I'm not ready for winter yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

Dan,

Thanks for taking us along on your ride!

Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:29 am:

Beautiful Coupe'! Great pics! Love the pic of the T thru the screen at the Fargo and the over the nose pics!
Kinda like Dean, it appears to be done here in MN. All waters are drained.
December can have some nice days tho! BTDT. I gotta move the 24...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Dan, Nice photos and good looking roads.
Mary and I drove our 11 for 30 miles last Sunday.
The weather was nice. On the way back home I filled it up with gas and put Star-tron enzyme fuel treatment and Marvel mystery oil in for the winter. I don't think that I will get the car out till the Florida tour in March. I start it every now and then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Great photos, thanks for sharing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Thanks for sharing Dan, seeing yours, I might take mine out today for photos too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Actually reading the thread title, I was expecting to see another restoration come to fruition :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

I'm glad you all enjoyed the ride and the coupe. That car is a real runner and I really enjoy driving it. I only use it on cold days in the fall and spring so I've never installed a Ruckstell in it, that and because it's so original.
The strain on the engine is so much more in this car than in a Ruckstell equipped car. I think if they had been equipped with them originally broken cranks would not be an issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

She is a Beauty Dan thanks for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

Thanks for the ride Dan. Now if she starts fighting with you about going to bed so early I have an extra room and you can drive her to Florida

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

I can't believe it's been in the 50s the last couple of days. We got our Lizzie out again this afternoon, pups get a short ride, then me and the missus took a loop around the neighborhood - about 14 miles. We'll go out again tomorrow if it's still nice, Liz is slated for a rear axle overhaul when she's finally confined to winter quarters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

G.R. you are all heart LOL,
Temps here are 20s, 30s and 40s, fine for the coupe, but you can't believe the salt they have spread for a dusting of snow. That ends our driving unless we have some warmer weather and massive rains to wash the salt away, not to likely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Dan:Yes I would! While in college as part of my curriculum I was forced to take 2 semesters of biology (what that had to do with a B.S. in C.I.S I don't know)so on Summer vacation I went up north where they salt the roads worse than a cheap steak. I learned 2 things
A.) the water in the roadside holding ponds at the beginning of summer had a saline level higher than the Atlantic Ocean at Jacksonville Fl.
B.) I was able to positively identify 3 species of salt water flora (sea oats, saw grass & turtle grass) in a state hundreds of miles from the ocean ...I was not required to take the second semester.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration