Slow speed drum question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Slow speed drum question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:06 am:

I have a couple slow speed drums for a trans I'm building and noticed a difference in the casting. On the part that has the holes in it (from the gear to the outside of the drum) one is flat and one has a slight arch to it. What year would these be? are they interchangeable? Sorry, I've got to figure out how to post a pic on here....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

There are some differences in the earlier drums. Don't remember if it was the brake or slow speed drums. One of them has the clearly defined holes and I think the later drums have sort of an arch with the hole as I remember. You can use the earlier with the later drums if you use the compensating washer to make up the difference which isn't much. Maybe other would know for sure.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration