Touring Rear Floor Board Area - Is This Picture Correct?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Touring Rear Floor Board Area - Is This Picture Correct?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:54 am:

My 1925 touring body came to me missing the floor boards and some sheet metal pieces, like the rear sill covers. I found this picture elsewhere on the forum that shows the rear foot well area, does it look correct?

It looks like the sill covers attach to the sills first, then the foot well, heel panel, and floor board side support flanges fit on top of the sill covers.

Also, are there pieces of wood under the two sections of sheet metal (red arrows) to stiffen them up?

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:56 am:

One other question - in the picture, the gusset inserts below the door opening appear to just be painted wood - should there be metal covering them up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Mark

No wood under the metal stretchers that hold the floorboard.

Sill covers wrap around. The wood at the door fillers (gusset) are just painted, no metal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:58 am:

Mark

No wood under the metal stretchers that hold the floorboard.

Sill covers wrap around. The wood at the door fillers (gusset) are just painted, no metal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Thanks Dan! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration