4 wheel drive Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 4 wheel drive Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Does anyone have one of these 4 wheel drive Model Tís? If so, could, you post a picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

There's one at the Piquette Plant. I'll get a picture Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Eric, here's a decent pic of one, Google images has a few more. Also here is a vid of a 17 having some fun in the snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHoUKq0sC8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

I think there have been others on the forum but these are all I could find so far:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/444469.html?1399843138

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/6/1308.html?1043189448

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

Not mine. This was at Hershey 2014.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 01:28 am:

I've got one, which you can view in this thread.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/71512.html?1226264391

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 01:32 am:

Is Livingood's son still alive and producing these on a custom build practice?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:54 am:

This thread turned out better than I expected, judging from the title alone. I envisioned a T body set on a later model 4x4 chassis. Some awful looking contraptions show up on the 'net occasionally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:56 am:

Please, none of the aforementioned monstrosities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 07:22 am:

Nope Tommy, there're all pretty cool. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Of course TOM has all the cool stuff ......

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:31 am:

I saw one of these a few years ago at MT. Pleasant Iowa at the Old Threshers Reunion.
It was presented by Mr. Livingood's son.
I don't know if it is there ever year. They do have a permanent car museum there though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

I'll bet when the suspension bounces the car has "bump steer". There's no way that curved leafspring can work. Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Tom C: Wasn't there a video of you driving the car in the deep Spokane snow a few years back? Can you post it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Spyker on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Search for Front end Friday for 2 photos of a front wheel drive TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Spyker on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Search for Front end Friday for 2 photos of a front wheel drive TT. Oct 20.
Front end Friday a pair of T's.
Pushtruck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

The blue speedster is owned by Mr Livingood's son who was still making them when I visited him some years ago.

I wrote an article which was in the Vintage Ford on the Livingood 4 wheel drive T and drove the speedster on the day I was there.

In spite of what some may think it drives and steers perfectly. I also thought it would be a bear to drive , not so.

On the day I was there it was a cold winters one, there was snow on the ground and at the front of the workshop there was a sloped grass lawn. The T went up it easily.

Tom Carnegie's video really shows the ability of the unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle , N.C. Triangle on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

A 4 wheel drive speedster...now THIS is an interesting setup ...one wonders why this body choice....I would have guessed an enclosed model for extreme weather driving ! In any case, a fascinating machine ! And what is this about a made to order set up ? I would love to here more about these ! Thank you all for posting. I LOVE this web site...BEST HOBBY EVER !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

John,
I suspect the speedster body was the easiest, quickest way to get the car drivable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Model T, already quite capable in adverse conditions, with four wheel drive, ASTOUNDING. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 01:46 am:

This video was made before I put the Warford into it, so it was a little underpowered. With the Warford, I believe that it could go anywhere.

This T drives EXACTLY like a normal T in 2WD. No weird steering issues - no rough (rougher than normal) ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHoUKq0sC8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 07:51 am:

Eric, there are 2 here in Central Florida close to you. Both jr's build. One is under my tt and another under a 26 roadster truck. As from above they are around. Not sure how many of seniors vs juniors exist or how many are still to turn up. He did two types of transfer cases. The patent is interesting too if you dig it up. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 08:01 am:

Don, lol to bump steer! I wish it did have real bump steer, as that would indicate the spring actually cycled more than a half inch. It is less than ideal but does bounce a little. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:14 am:

In the TT's, how did they handle the different axle ratios?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Less fuel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:56 am:

I donít know how Jessie did it. I had to change the gearing in the transfer case to get the front ratio to 5:17. It is a chain drive case so changing sprockets was not so horrible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 11:11 am:

That makes sense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

You may be interested in this YouTube video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHoUKq0sC8#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Sorry I didn't see someone already posted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

Photos I took years ago of Tom's car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James MacNaughton on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Now I'm in love. I'm picturing a roadster pickup.

Lovst. Love / lust. This is awesome.

I'm guessing these don't really have a price tag?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Jim's pictures were taken prior to the Warford. Where the jack-shaft between the motor and the transfer case was, is now a Warford. At the same time I added Bennett brakes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration