PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MODEL T AND TT PARTS FOR THE FUTURE GENERATIONS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MODEL T AND TT PARTS FOR THE FUTURE GENERATIONS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

I have been collecting and restoring antiques for years and have felt as a steward to preserving items for future generations. So it pains me to see Model T and TT parts ruined by the lack of proper care. I have gone to several auctions of car collectors and see good parts rusted to ruins due to the lack of good preservation. These are now loss parts for our kids and grand kids and beyond. So please, when you get parts, Clean, Sort the good from the worn out, Grease them up well, Bag, and Tag, what the parts are and with the miced specifications. I know this takes time, but you will have good clean preserved parts to use, not only for you but for future generations. (I will get off my soap box now)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Still trying to get to a pile of early parts that were flooded in salt water during hurricane Irma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

That is true. If I showed you what my car started life as you'd never believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Steven brings up a good point. I even save some of the worn parts, if only for a reference at a later date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Thanks Charles,

To tell you a story, in 2016 I was at an auction of a man who was 89 years old and selling all his Model T cars and parts (he just could not get around anymore). He was disappointed his stuff was not bringing more money. As the day went on, I was able to sit and talk to him and see his pain. I told him if it were not like people like you who saved and took care of those cars and parts back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's there would be very little good left today for people like me. I also said what I got today I would take care of for future generations to have and enjoy. He felt better about things and appreciated the time I spent with him. I feel with the antiques I collect, save and restore, I am saving our history for our future generations. I do not own these things, I am only a steward of these things for the next person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

I guess it's time to bring this one back up, what is junk today might be usable tomorrow :-)
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/534405.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 02:15 am:

Like!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Haven't you heard? Model T's are a dime a dozen and not rare enough to worry about preserving.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration