Curious craigslist Model T post

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Curious craigslist Model T post
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1913-model-touring-car/6380828917.html

Was perusing craigslist and found this post.
Thought to pass along to try and help.
I am not affiliated with the person(s) who placed the post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 01:39 am:

Since the plate, pictured is not stamped with a number and because it looks so pristine, how does he know it is an original? Maybe he doesn't know that they are reproduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 04:04 am:

If you read the Craigslist ad the author states that plate is not the original he has, he wants the people in the picture to contact him. He has what should be the correct number stamped plate for that car!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:00 am:

The men in the photo are Argel and Rod Wampler, of Gosport IN. Both are gone now, and their collection was sold at auction by Williams auctioneering. The collection ranged from an 06 Maxwell, a Star, a Roosevelt, several T's, A's, a republic truck chassis, and a 31 Pierce Arrow sedan, and a couple of 20's dodges. Also buggies, tractors and tons of parts. Great people, and friends of mine! Many of the cars went to a collector dealer in or near Bloomington IN and some were sold on eBay. Wm Sharp was the long time circuit court judge in Owen Co, IN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 08:08 am:

It sounds like great folks from another era. Gone but not forgotten.
Nice to hear of them.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

An update, I contacted the craigslist person, via email, and got a response. I have given him the auctioneers information, and he plans to see if there are any records of the sale. As an aside, one item I was given from the estate is a NOS tall radiator, still in the wooden crate! I don't think it is Ford, but is an aftermarket. The crate is stenciled model t. It looks to be in good shape, but I have no idea if it would cool! It should fit either my 25 coupe or 26 depot hack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

The NOS radiator should be fine. They go bad from decades of vibration. Not having been used, it's likely to be unvibrated, and good to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

A lot of them were flat tube too. I have a period aftermarket one on the '25 coupe, works great. I've had a couple of period aftermarket flat tube low radiators that worked great too. I haven't been able to make any of them overheat on 95+ degree days idling along in a parade. As Steve said, I wouldn't be surprised if it would still work pretty good even if it is a round tube. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:14 am:

William,
I would be happy to take the radiator off your hands:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration