2017 Veterans Day Parade in St. Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 2017 Veterans Day Parade in St. Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Those of you who saw my thread asking for electrical help will know that I was very afraid yesterday evening that I would miss the parade, which I try to be in every year. The good news is that the car was fixed this morning and I was able to be in the parade. I had two passengers, Lansing Hecker, a non-car club friend whom I have known for several decades at least, and Gary Blakely, a member of the Kansas City T club whom I met this past summer and who was here this weekend visiting family. The morning started a bit nippy (in the low forties) and warmed all the way up to not-quite-so-nippy (around 50) later. Turnout for the Veterans Day Parade seems to shrink every year, but the people who do come are enthusiastic and grateful to veterans.

Waiting for the parade to start. Club President Steven Thum standing by his car.

Tour Chairman Sam Atkinson's car.

My car and several club members, waiting for the parade to start. "Hurry up and wait" is familiar to veterans.

During the parade.

Me and my passengers, Lansing Hecker and Gary Blakely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

So pleased that you made it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Dick..fantastic and good that all you guys partake in this. For whatever reason, there's no Veterans Day parade in these here parts. Maybe because the weather here is so unpredictable, and usually crappy. It didn't even make it to 30 yesterday, and today was only 32. Would've been miserable really. I hope that's the only reason they don't have one. Happy Veteran's day (what's left of it) to all, again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

I'm so glad that you got your car fixed and were able to participate in the parade, Dick. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration