O/T A REAL GREASE CUP

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: O/T A REAL GREASE CUP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 05:43 am:

I was down at Cotton Ginning Days in Dallas NC last month and near where I had my trailer parked a vendor had a pair of Lunkenheimer grease cups,solid bronze and brass. One a Marine #3, holds over a full cup, and an Ideal #1, which holds over 1/3 cup. They met my need for shiny brass things and he only wanted $25.00 so I bought them. If only I could mount them on one of my cars....hmmm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 07:07 am:

Hummm, Very shiny,needs equally shiny base! very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 07:55 am:

Nice piece for your collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:23 am:

That would make a great radiator ornament ! ; - )

With a name like Lunkenheimer how could you resist ? Heck, I'd buy one too !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

What a great buy. It probably wasn't that shiny when it was new.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Threaded piston and barrel? They work great. :-)
I use one like that once a year but not that big! Wow. Probably 1/3 cup or a bit better.
Du slaps his hand: I like to give the handle a slow half turn or so if there's a good lookin' woman over on that end of the engine. ;-)
Walk between the frame and the flywheel and give the eccentric strap some more grease. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 05:05 am:

Duey at least a cup- maybe 1 1/2 cups. It's a big joker for sure. lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 07:44 am:

Fill it with mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving and serve your guests! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 07:52 am:

Why not put it on the running board and run lines to all your grease points? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Here’s a similar one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-BRASS-VALVE-POSSIBLY-FOR-CAR-OR-IMPLEMENT-ENGIN E-UNKNOWN-USE/391926773758?hash=item5b40a7f7fe:g:d6cAAOSwVA5aC5Ti&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Here's a couple in action on my race car. The large one greases the u joint the smaller one the drive shaft bushing.

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

Great suggestions guys....the mashed potato idea has my support! lol

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration