Dave Hjortnaes on LPB

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Dave Hjortnaes on LPB
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:44 am:

I swear it was him. The brass plated black era radiator car on the show was unique and I some how seem link it to him. They never mentioned his name, I'm surprised I remembered how to spell it. Oh his passenger, the show host was a good looking young woman. Good job Dave, if I'm right and it was you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:57 am:

That was him. I found him on FB. I wonder if the show was a re run. I don't kno the name of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 11:44 am:

That was him. I found him on FB. I wonder if the show was a re run. I don't kno the name of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

What is LPB?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

PBS is what I meant to say. LPB is the local affiliate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

What show on PBS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 03:06 pm:

I don't know. It's a travel show always plays on Sunday morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin helinski on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

It was definitely him. Last weekend we were sitting with him at our President's dinner and talked about it. I still have not seen it but I'm sure he'll chime in soon and tell us all about it. Is an interesting story how it came about!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

It was a Globetrekker video about the Rust Belt. Made it look like I was in Ohio or Pennsylvania. They only show it at 10PM here in Milwaukee, so I only saw the episode once.

July 4, after the parade, my daughter and I were driving home and ran out of gas. One of the producers from Globetrekker happened to drive by and said he needed to have my car do a skit in one of their shows. They came back a month later and we filmed the skit in a northern suburb of Milwaukee with Megan and I. It was a skit about me running out of gas, and Megan helped me push the car all the way to the gas station. I drove in and out of the gas station about 7 times. The owner probably thought I was a nut job with cameras and all. I think my skit lasts about 8 minutes.

Yes, you caught me. My claim to fame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Split second glimpse at about :39...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljapkRHM9a0

Some snowy, freezing day, I will sit at the computer and watch more...someplace on the 'net the whole episode should be found.

Dave is mentioned in the credits, also!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration