Old Photo - Wrenching On The Old Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Wrenching On The Old Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Great scene!
Thanks Jay. Missed them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Great pic, a T and a Ford V8. Thanks for posting Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

I'll say by that starter motor at the rear wheel, he just finished placing the hogshead after changing bands, and looking at that little Bendix lock washer wondering if it can be re-used :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

I thought is a 1927... I love the picture because we feel the real life at the moment. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Not sure what that can is in the foreground, but if were me in the photo I'd be about two seconds away from tripping over the can and spilling the contents into the weeds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 03:34 am:

It looks like a '24 or '25 Fordor with a headlight bar and 21" wheels.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:24 am:

Spindles are not dropped, plug wires to firewall, nickel headlight rings and rad shell, split windshield, rad apron missing, extra demount-able, inner rim in the yard.
Ya'll guys have made me sick...as i could not have noticed this stuff a year ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:31 am:

The easiest tell-tale between the 26-27 Fordors and the earlier ones, is the bottom of the windshield. This earlier car has the rectangle shaped one, and the body side moulding continues under the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:31 am:

Could he have done that work without oil and grease stains all over his cloths?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 08:21 am:

Wonder how well that radiator works?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Looks like the electric company's meter readers were a lot taller in those days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Great to see your pics again Jay. I have missed them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:50 am:

I second that, for sure - great to have you back, Buddy !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:57 am:

My dyslexia sometimes treats me to anticipating different images from the titles than what they really are. I read "Wretching On The Old Ford".

Rich :oO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Ha ha ha ! Rich, I often say it's more fun being lysdexic !! My dirty mind read "Wenching on the old Ford" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 11:09 am:

Radiator definitely not moving much air. And meter readers had to bring a ladder in those days. Great photo, a moment in a persons life locked for prosperity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Are we sure that's not Steve Jelf of Parkerfield KS?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Thanks Rich B. I had,'t realized I spelt it wrong until I saw your correct spelling.

At least they don't need a Winter front on that radiator.

What an inspiring photo. And worth waiting for.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Bonnie and Clyde visiting the folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Gary, I believe you are right. [:o)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration