I'm posting this for Bernie who would like info on the wood tack strip and also the seat back wood(?) for his 1916 Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I'm posting this for Bernie who would like info on the wood tack strip and also the seat back wood(?) for his 1916 Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 08:31 am:

I got a note from Bernie Glass (profile at: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=gla448-users ) He has recently acquired a 1916 Model T Roadster/Runabout and would like to see some photos of the wood on the seat back and also the tack rail/strip for his new 1916 Roadster/Runabout.

Below is the photo of his car that he sent. (Side note, I’ve always wanted a steam traction engine but that photo really confirms I could never get a full-size steam traction engine in and out of a standard 7 foot garage door -- at least not without damaging the door opening.)

For Bernie – please take a look at the heel panel as it may let us know which body maker produced your car’s body. And for Fisher and perhaps a few others the body maker letter will probably be on the right front floor board riser along with the body number – if the original wood is still there and in good shape. Please see the Forum posting “Home for the Holidays” at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html .

For everyone -- yes, I am still trying to collect body numbers and information on the bodies and the chassis they are mounted.

Note, because there were several different body makers, the bodies tend to vary a little bit from one company to the next. Some had more wood than the others. Some had a different style wood for the tack strip etc. I’m off to work but I wanted to get this out there for Bernie.

Bernie – would you please post and or send me some photo that show the following area on your Roadster?

++++++++++++++ Photos below are of Hap's 1915 cut off +++++++++++++++++

Photos below are of Hap's 1915 cut off and NOT Bernie's Roadster. They are from the front half of my 1915 touring that was cut off to make a pickup truck back in the day. It has an unknown body maker (but not Wilson, not Beaudett, not Monroe). Note it has a metal lip that the wooden tack rail goes on below the lip and follows the lip all the way around the front seat. It also had metal reinforcement stringers on the front seat back rest. It is a metal seat frame and NOT a wooden seat frame.

Note I also have a Beaudett front half of a touring and it has a wooden seat frame with wood in the back rest rather than metal. And the tack strip is mounted differently also.

++++++++++++++++++++ end of photos of Hap's cut off +++++

Note the roadster front seat will be a little different. And the body maker and when the body was made can also impact how it was done.

Respectfully submitted for Bernie by Hap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

That's a skid engine isn't it? Sweet little Case! Skid engines are odd/rare ducks.
Eh hem.
Nice Runabout. :-)
I hope Bernie is able to name that body.
Doggone it. As soon as I typed it, my brain took-off with that "Name That Body" thought like a game show with Wink Martindale or some-such.
Bernie, I'm also itchin' to see more pics!
Hap, I didn't know your cut-off was a no-name. The tack strip is similar to my 17 or so no-name Runabout. You've seen those pics.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

hi it is a 1913 case skid I send hap more pictures I can sent pictures anywhere but here but don,t know why there is no old wood in the body it is the tack strip I would like to a picture of and the wood back of seat hope someone can help thanks a lot bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

hi duey could you send a picture of your 17 as I have the body tin for another one and a lot of 17 parts I wood like to put together the body is the same thanks bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Below are the photos of Bernie's 1916 roadster that he sent:

Respectfully posted for Bernie by Hap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Bernie,

Did you get a chance to look at the front of the front seat heel panel? And if so, was there any type of letter stamped there? See photo below for a sample (Photo by Hap of the 1914 Wilson bodied touring car in the South Carolina State Museum):

Note from looking at your photos I think your car has a meal seat frame (not the wood one used by several body makers.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

Bernie, I'm with Hap about looking the heel panel over carefully for a letter stamped in the panel. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration