What is this gizmo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is this gizmo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Seen on local craigslist 15 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Maybe a variation of an intake whistle?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/768462.html?1498809801

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/124290.html?1265292496

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Intake manifold whistle?
It will mess up the mixture !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

I think Ed is looking at the Super Large horn or siren sitting on top of the spark plugs

Looks pretty tight there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

No, not the horn the other silver thing. But the horn does look huge:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Ok, i see it now its a horn/whistle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

If you're asking about the silver horn-shaped object on the intake manifold with an operating wire going to the firewall, that's a vacuum horn/whistle, usually makes a "Woop-Woo" sound & known as a "Wolf Whistle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

......actually, I'm more curious about all that "stuff" near the air inlet area of the carburetor! Just above is what might be an "add-on" dipstick, but there are two items, one which looks like the raw end of some sort of pipe, and something else near the choke bell crank. (???)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Well, in looking closer, I guess the one item is a sort of cumbersome looking handle of a fuel line shut-off valve. But I still can't figure out the thing that looks like the end of a piece of pipe or something!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Look at the bolts that were used to attach the carburetor to the manifold! I guess,....."whatever works", right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Those carb bolts are clever. From the discolouration I wonder if the one nut is tacked to the bolt, effectively putting the bolt head on an extension. Remember that thread about how much of a pain it is to get a wrench on those bolts? Not anymore!

Oh, and the horn looks a lot like mine. I have no idea where my horn came from but from the size of it I'm not sure I'd rule out it being made for the Navy.

I also see from the looks of the fan belt wrapping tightly around the pulley, that one accessory absent from this Model T is a water pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

All I can say is- what an abomination!

Look at all the odds and ends in that engine compartment...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

My head hurts just looking at all that stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Harold,

It looks like a piece of modern rubber heater hose. What it's doing there between the fuel shut off valve and the carburetor air filter, I have no idea.

Looks like this guy really enjoys his T. At least it's being used and not sitting in a field, rusting away.

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

Is that some kind of air filter peeking out from behind the heater hose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

I think that "pipe" by the carb intake is a covering over the fuel line, which appears to exit and make a hard right into the cut-off . I believe the silver thing is a wolf whistle because you can see the "bell" end. It would be screwed into a threaded hole in the intake. (I have one mounted that way).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Wolf whistle.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration