Old Photo - Brass Era - So What is the Lever On The Outboard Drivers Side For ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - So What is the Lever On The Outboard Drivers Side For ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Emergency brake for the back seat driver! Just my UN-educated guess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Is it a block of wood held by a leather strap? Maybe a wheel chock?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:00 am:

No outside lever as far as I can see on the fairly new 1914 Touring - looks like a camera bag hanging from the front body iron for the top?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Actually, if you look very closely, it looks like a leather pouch hanging from a bracket. You can see where the top of the pouch comes over. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Kauper on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:06 am:

From the many times I've accidentally photographed my own camera case, I think it's likely a case for one of the larger folding Kodak cameras.

- Martin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Marshall on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Kinda looks like a camera case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:07 am:

It's a Kodak!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:14 am:

1914 Eastman Kodak camera case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

An early attempt at a go pro while driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

You guys are all wrong. It's quite obvious that it is a pouch for holding a can of MMO...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

How's about the low number license plate ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

No No No! Its a fuel shut off. He wont forget now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

If you look real close you can see an external tire patch at about 2:00 on the front driver's tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

One on the rear as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

I agree with Roger. It's a camera. First thing I thought of when I looked. Nice to see a photographic confirmation of what the top boot looks like with the "little flap". Paid extra to have that put on my '13s new boot. Glad I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

It is a Canadian Model T. Note the hinges on the front door. It has a 1914 license plate . Number 4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Definitely a camera. Have one almost identical but a little smaller.
Wonder why he didn't have it in the car. Not a good way to haul a camera around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:18 am:

The guy taking the picture hung it there while he's taking the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:29 am:

My guess, No camera in the bag, The person taking the picture hung the bag on the car while taking the picture, rather than lay it on the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Side lights have been removed & headlights appear to have been electrified.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:34 am:

There is also a tire patch on the right-rear tire. Hope he made it home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

Not a patch but a "boot" to help out a compromised tire casing. There's also one on the left front, and the tires are mis-matched. He's running a Firestone "non-skid" on the right front.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration