Old Photo - Brass Era - We Have Our New Car And Will Start Back Soon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - We Have Our New Car And Will Start Back Soon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:05 am:

A very rough looking firewall for a new car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:29 am:

I can't quite make out the date on the license plate, but it is not 1912. Those clothes look like sometime in 1940's. I also don't think a new car would have the date 1912 in front of the firewall. So I think the picture was taken later.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:52 am:

The plate looks like 1950.

That's funny Jay. I thought the caption was an original one by you, then I saw the sign in the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Florida used that hyphen in the 40's and just a few years with the 19 Florida xx at the bottom. The "new" must be in jest.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

I don't think it's a "new" car....
The sign clearly states it's a "mew" car....
Shucks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Headlamp lenses appear to be Model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Could they be sealed beams?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Florida
17 = Seminole county
T = Passenger

Richard did his research...it's about 1945 or 1947..."Florida" moves up and down for awhile between years and light vs dark backround as well.

If it had been in the "teens" there would have been a plate from the county, not the state...much rarer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

Definitely a gag vacation photo. It looks like 50 to me also. These photos are great really enjoying them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Maybe "new to them" used car. Like Dean said, that firewall's a mess. Got some '12 attributes like the windshield support brass rods, but sidelamps look like from a '13 to me. And wonder if that's dad and daughter, or girl and sugar daddy? LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

The headlights look as if they are J. Brown model 19 for 1911. The
glass relectors can been seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Darel, they sure look like they're black and brass to me, but my eyes could be deceiving me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

It's odd to see the tag on the front, as FL is (and I think has always been) a "one tag" state and you install it on the rear of the car. Since it is so late, relative to the car, I'd expect to not see it at all. In the early days, you simply displayed it...on the front would do nicely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M.E. Finch on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Jay, thanks for posting these great pictures, really enjoying them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 12:43 am:

Look at the front axle has the same type of accessory suspension my 1920 Touring car has !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 12:59 am:

Those are "H & D" type shock absorbers. H & D, the company, made ones like that themselves. But also licensed the patent to manufacturers all over the world. They were made in both single arm and dual arm versions, and quality varied greatly from one manufacturer to another.
Some years ago, there was quite a discussion on this forum about them. Google at that time found a lot of information about them. I don't know if Google could help much now or not.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration