Henrietta's registration.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Henrietta's registration.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

Australian states issued waterslide decals for the front windscreen to show that a car was registered for road use, rather than the tags for plates used in US states. This is Henrietta's 1954 transfer which will be preserved on this glass when it is replaced with safety glass. Henrietta Webb, the original owner, did not follow instruction 5 on the backing paper. Failure to remove gum residue after applying the transfer has resulted in the crazing.

With the car came the new transfer for 1955,but it was never applied.

Rather than apply this to the new windscreen, I would like to make a suitable copy. It should affix to the inside of the screen and look as close to original as possible. Can anyone direct me to a process which might give acceptable results.

This is not an attempt to circumvent any legal requirements, as windscreen stickers are no longer issued. Rather, it is an attempt to preserve an interesting piece of motoring history.

Hope someone can help.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

My brother in law successfully transferred all the markings from a smashed rectangular glass radio dial to a transfer (decal). The decal was then placed on a piece of glass and the job was done. Unfortunately, that's all I know......only that it can be done!

You might try contacting someone in computers that creates new decals and see if they can scan the paper, clean up the image and print it on regular paper.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration