Cocoa Mats

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cocoa Mats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 05:28 am:

When did Ford start using the cocoa mat for the rear floor instead of a wool carpet? I understand that the 1909 and maybe the 1910's were originally equipped with a short pile wool carpet with snaps. If so, when did Ford switch to the cocoa mat? My 1910 didn't have original floorboards so there are no tell tale signs and I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:18 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/F-H.htm#flor2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Wool it is! Thanks, Mark!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

I'm going to get challenged on this, but I've never seen an original cocoa mat. I've seen a few T's where the owners say they are authentic, but I don't believe them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration