Old Photo - Model T Era Grease Monkeys

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era Grease Monkeys
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 07:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 07:10 am:

Snow chains and side curtains. I'll bet the driver of that C cab got quite a draft from above the windshield !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 07:38 am:

These guys must have eaten a lot of carrots! A solitary bulb hanging from the ceiling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:04 am:

Tim,That was my thought too. Looks more like a grotto rather then a garage. I Guess these guy's worked more by "feel" rather Then Sight. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:11 am:

Doesn't that second car on the left have snow chains on the front tire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Tim & Jay..me too! My first thought was, how in the heck could they get anything done properly what with the dark and dismal conditions. And I bet it's cold as all get out in there too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Maybe it's where they were stored out of the weather until it was time to work on them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:27 am:

I think Tim Rodgers hit on it. It is most likely a storage garage and not a repair floor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:07 am:

In my experience if you can see what you're working on you can't reach it, and if you can reach it you can't see it. Lights not required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Man I bet that this storage garage or whatever it was got hot in the summer with that low ceiling! 8 ft. High at the most.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Jay,

Thanks for the great photos. I really missed them and enjoy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 09:08 am:

If it's storage for cars to be worked on, they have quite a backlog of work to catch up on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration