Model T and a Successful Deer Hunt Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T and a Successful Deer Hunt Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Today is opening day of the firearm deer season here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Pictured is my Grandfather, far right, and his Model T. I like the bald tire in front, and snow chains in back. Grandpa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Looks like good snowshoe hunting also. Great photo Guy. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard C. Sullivan on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Looks like rabbits hanging on the side... The guy on the left not setting a good example with his right hand..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Yes, your right, even as a kid,I remember him still hunting snowshoes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

Not a Model T , but Grandpa again on the right, more rabbits !rabbits

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

I'm a hunter (when I can find time), but I'm always amused by guys equipped like the one on the right in the first photo. With all that heavy ammo he could take out a whole herd. I tell my grandson that since he is allowed 2 deer tags he should need only 2 rounds per season. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Piper on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

love it!
Greg, Hancock Michigan :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

In a winter that the snow melts, its almost not a fair chase with white snowshoes. We lived in the U.P. when I was kid and loved hunting up there. I would rather eat deer from Indiana now that are corn fed instead of cedar fed. Man they were eating good. Looks like grand dad was a great hunter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Ahhhh, back in the day before men were emasculated by a left leaning liberal society that has stripped the American male of his identity...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

Huh, a what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 06:42 am:

Well, I'm not emasculated as of yet. I'll be in the deer stand looking to bag a deer and fill the freezer this weekend for the WI opener. I assume they didn't use their rifles to bag those grouse hanging by the windshield. Wouldn't be much left to eat from a direct hit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 07:26 am:

He aint sleeping......from last weekend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 08:17 am:

Nice ! Congrats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 09:24 am:

I wish all of you deer hunters would come to MO. Those damn deer have been a pain in the butt around here for years. They cause hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage every year, between destroying crops and causing wrecks. At least the powers that be finally opened season on Does several years ago, but as far as I'm concerned, there should be a bounty on them to get them thinned out. Sorry for the rant, but it's just plain ridiculous around here. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:01 am:

David, I am working on a 2015 Ford Edge in my body shop that hit a deer. The total will be around $14,000.00 when I am done with it. The Ins. adjuster stopped by to make sure it was not a total loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:55 am:

Rawlins, Wy. The government goats run on the grounds of the d State Penitentiary and browse freely on lawns and gardens in town. Folks get a little annoyed I understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Should have read "OLD" state pen. Built 1903, put out of commission in 1986.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Great pictures! It always looks like the old timers left the hides on everything. I always skin them ASAP. I had 26 head of elk show up on my place on Oct. 21, opening day. I got this nice young cow on Oct. 22 only 200 yards from the house. Good eating!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Oh that terrible left leaning liberal society.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Funny how it all is.
The deer population in the woods here had been pretty well cleaned out 10-20 years ago.
They are back on the up-swing and my son has two for his freezers this year. :-)

Strange: The day my son got his doe with a slug in the morning, another deer walked up and across the back yard, in the early afternoon, during nap-time, across a small flower bed to our side door, right to the steps, turned around and left. On the same path.
Probably said/thought some choice words for us humans.

Rich, such a shame so much effort went into building your old state pen and then just abandoning it. Such a beautiful building.
There's been such controversy about a modern "facility" here in MN. Build it, use it for some years, close it and oh gosh? Do we dare open it again?
The childish squabble continues.
The pxxxifacation of the American male.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 07:23 am:

Wish I had the time and the patience for it anymore, but I don't. My oldest son still does, though.

I commute 160 miles a day and see my share of deer, especially this time of year. I've been lucky. I've not hit one going back and to, but it may happen one day. Since the time change, it's dark when I leave and dark when I get home. Some drive 45 mph, (I assume) in an attempt to avoid deer. I can't make myself do that.

My shooting nowadays is for fun and competition. Wonder how much longer I will be allowed to do so? They were talking about metal detectors in hotels. When my wife and I travel to a shooting competition, we bring all the guns inside at night, for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, to clean them, but also feel there's less chance of them being stolen from our hotel room with us in there than from the car in the parking lot. I imagine we will be under a lot more scrutiny next time than we were last time, thanks to this psycho in Las Vegas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 07:46 am:

While Im to old and fat to hunt anymore i still have several firearms.I fear the greatest threat to our rights are the 50 round cl;p and the bump stock? TV,video games,and movies that teach the young to spray all the lead they can are the fault? The cars are put up for winter but the corn stove is working.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:34 am:

Good to hear your still kickin Bud! I got my wagon load of corn this week. Hope yours is dry this year. Opening gun season tomorrow . Rain all day and high winds. I have played that game and lost several times. Snow sunday so that will be my day if wind lays down.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Dallas,A large buck walked across the close end of my corn stubble this morning.Easy shot but then the work starts so i passed.We went on a cruse and that is where i have been.Good luck Sunday!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

It is interesting how so many of the T era deer hunt photos have at least one hunter with a Savage Model 1899.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration