Thanks Dan Treace

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Thanks Dan Treace
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Henrietta was missing her key when I bought her and Dan had a spare which arrived today.

I have never seen a dash light quite like this one, or more particularly, the mounting bracket. No boles have been drilled. The bracket utilises the two top mounting screws and the light itself is attached to a tab above the switch panel. The panel, ammeter and switch are in excellent original condition.
Thanks Dan
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 09:17 am:

A little bit of thread drift - does the lock cylinder have "stops" in both directions to keep it from spinning freely when the key is inserted, or does it spin freely?

I bought a "rebuilt" original switch panel that spins freely when the key is inserted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:14 am:

Allan

Glad you got that key OK, looks great on Henrietta's switch!

With that wood firewall, those round head wood screws holding the plate look the period too! Like that dash lamp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Someone got into that switch at some point. Look at that rivet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 11:07 am:

I like that light setup as well- neat and tidy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

Dan, the wooden dash in the car is as used in our 1925 Dalgety Fords, a once only factory offering, just prior to the opening of the Geelong Ford plant beginning production of the improved cars. The extra piece fixed below the switch is kosher, just to make the board wide enough to take the switch panel.
Larry, the rivet does look a little second hand! I may learn a little more when I remove the panel to fit a new wiring loom.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

No replies to my thread drift question?

Is the lock cylinder supposed to be able to spin freely (360 degrees) when the key is inserted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Alan ..Is that the Choke control under the dash , and is that the standard bracket/position in the Dalgety?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

Mark

That pot metal lock cylinder only turns to BAT or MAG, with stops at each clockwise or counter clockwise position.

That key cylinder should not spin around. Repair is needed, as risk of the mag post getting DC from the battery connector on the switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

Thanks, Dan. This switch assembly was sold to me as a "rebuilt" unit, I guess I'd better plan on rebuilding it again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

I like the dash light. I think I'll try to make one. I hate extra holes for things like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 04:20 am:

Tony, everthing on this car is in really good original order. I expect tbe same goes for the choke control too. The btacket at the dashboard has only one screw, so it does swing ffom side to side a bit.
Allan from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Thanks Alan.. I have made a dash for my project using remnants as a pattern... got it pretty right too, looking at Henrietta's, but there was no choke rod bracket in the mix. Henrietta's dash photo is now in my reference file. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration