One T Towing Another Picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: One T Towing Another Picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

I am sure you have all seen this pic at one time, It was taken about 3 miles down the road from where I live, In Norway Michigan. This picture was first published in the City of Norway Mich. Diamond Jubilee book in 1966. I had submitted to the Model T Times magazine back in about 1980. The second pic was taken up the road in Iron Mountain, Mich. Photography Studio. tow tarchie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin helinski on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

Guy, very cool photos. Are any of them buildings still around. Heading up to Pembine tomorrow.

Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

Kevin, The auto garage burnt down many many years ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

In the first photo looks they are using a wheel barrow for a speed jack, COOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

I really enjoy seeing the first one again. Here are a couple discussions of it:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/568737.html?1441593372

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/750287.html?1493742969

Thanks for bringing it up.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 08:33 am:

I assume these are two very early 09's, as per the no-bill front fenders. Notice the front car has lower position door handles. Got to wonder whether the ripped top was part of the episode that lead to this car being disabled?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 08:43 am:

I think the ripped top is actually some guys hat. Lots of mystery in these photos.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Richard, I did see that with the Iron Mountain 1915 on it before, I don't know how that came to be. But the one I posted is directly scanned out of the Norway Jubilee book. I have seen the original of the photo at the Jake Menghini Museum in Norway, MI.
Either way, yes, still a great T pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Yes, and the caption under your photo is good information to have.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sundstrom on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Moved to Norway area about 1 1/2 years (need to update
Profile from MN). Have family ties to area. Those are great
Photos I wonder where exactly they were located? Have a
T and several As. We will have to meet sometime. Also
Have your book Camping in Cloverland, really enjoyed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

I suspect that the hat tucked into the top of the towed car belongs to the fellow operating the wheelbarrow. It appears that he had to stash it somewhere as there was insufficient clearance between his head and the lower most top bow.

Neat photos!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration