OT who can ID this wood wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT who can ID this wood wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Well I figure it should make an excellent glass top table (man style). Im going to estimate the rim is a 15X7.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

Almost looks like it has some sort of wire wheel type lock on hub. As nice as it is wonder if it was made for show car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Actually 5 of the 10 nuts are just sitting in there, they are lug nuts for a 5X4.5 bolt pattern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Pirahna Manufacturing, Romoland, CA made wood spoke wheels for modern cars. Ebay had a listing for 14 x 7 - Chevrolet 5 lug pattern. This is probably one of their wheels, only larger. Not sure if they're still in business or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 12:23 am:

That's gorgeous!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Those would look great on my work truck! 05 chevy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

Actually it is about 30 years old and was made by my Dad. When tested they were found to not withstand the tested stress. The steel rim would cut the end of the spokes or so goes the story as I was told. It seems that on a narrow tire the tire will slide before the wheel falls apart, although I often wonder how a period wheel would compare when put to the same stress test.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration