Another Successful Hunt, Automobile Identified

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Another Successful Hunt, Automobile Identified
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:45 am:

At the risk of being redundant and maybe slightly off topic, I apologize. I love all old car vintage photos. They generally show the pride taken in there ownership of a fine means of transportation. And of course when there is a direct connection to ones self, better yet. Left to right, my Great Uncle Henry, my Grandfather Bert, my Great Grandfather Pasqualie, a family friend, and my Great Uncle Sam. I wondered for years what make of car this was. You cant see much of the car. I knew it wasn't a Model T. Then I remembered another photo with just my uncle Dave standing in front of it. After scanning it, I could see the radiator emblem which appears to a Dodge. Dodge didn't use outside door handles until about 1921. Some fender curves also seem to confirm this. The Mich license plate in this size was only used in 1924, 25 and 26. So, early 1920.s Dodge touring car? huntdave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:11 am:

I have seen deer in the headlights, but this is the first time I have seen them on the headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Guy,

You should take risks more often.

Great images !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Lovin it Guy, keep them coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Typical Italian wine serving in the short glasses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Guy,

To answer your question, yes, it's definitely a Dodge Brothers but it's a mid-late 20's model. This is evident by the higher radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Mike S. Thanks for the additional info on the Dodge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:58 am:

I like the fact that they are your family photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

I like how Great Grampa didn't even have a wine stain on the apron yet! Hearty Youpers for sure in your pictures. Wondering who the little guy was in the second pic? Great pictures, keep them coming, Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

Go on YouTube and look up "Second week of Deer Camp" video for a good laugh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Jim D. The little guy was the first born to my grandfather, my Uncle in time. I am sure my Great Grandpa put on a new apron for the pic, would have been a big deal to have a studio come out and take that pic. We figure about 1925. I am sure it is his home made wine. This picture hung in there living room for ever that I can remember. The family says this was Great Grandpas car, little Italian, liked big cars, he had a Kissel Kar also, but no pics exist., The guys who did "Second Week of Deer Camp" are from about 80 miles north of me in Ishpeming, MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

It's the second week of deer camp and all the guys are here. We..........and shoot the bull but never shoot no deer. Memories.
A close radio station used to play this song religiously here at this time of year!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1b_D4pLu4 LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

Ya for sure eh !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

I drink my wine from any glass as long as it don't go no stem on it, tall or short! :-) Great photo. I have some photos of my Great Uncle at elk camp, but bit later time wise.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration