Old Photo - Let It Snow,Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Let It Snow,Let It Snow, Let It Snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Same center-door as in the next picture ? Seems like these folks loved that T !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Duh - the next picture is the "Saving for a Ladder" post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

Your right Rich, It's the same Ford in both photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:50 am:

Other thread, different time. Same car?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/809277.html?1510976312

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:53 am:

I wonder when these were taken? Which was first? The car appears to have had a rough life, but is being somewhat cared for. I wonder if it is still around today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:35 am:

I dont know. He looks cranky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 05:29 am:

My guess .... picture taken in the early '50's in Belgium or France... notice th3e shoes, beret and Dunlop tyres ...( oops, tires )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:15 am:

Would the plate be any clue ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

What I can see of the license plate, struck me as Swedish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Snow and the kids' hats looks like a colder climate than France or Belgium. Roar, do the buildings and folks' dress pass as Swedish too ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Agree with Bob in that the clothes, especially the kids, hints at the 50's early 60's. The beret's on the men are telling too as to location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Notice the thick white stripe around the body in both pictures and what appears to be white on the rad shell. Taxi maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Rich,
I grew up in Norway in the 40's and 50's, and "fashions" do vary a bit, so it is hard to be sure. Buildings very well could be either.
In a few hours our Swedish friends will wake up, and may be someone will chime in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

Notice on the "A-pillars", it looks like semaphore turn signals mounted. I had a pair of those on my T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration