Old Photo - Junk In The Trunk

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Junk In The Trunk
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:16 am:

When I was a kid in the 1970's photography was expensive. A roll of film was a couple of bucks and prints were around 25 each, so photos were very selectively chosen. I wonder what the cost was to take photos in 1926. How much did film cost? How much was processing and making prints? And why would someone take a photo of a guy putting trash in his trunk? My dad mostly did slides because they were cheaper. Of course now to reproduce the slides into prints or digital format eats up that cost savings.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:31 am:

I'm wondering about the tail light. Maybe it's a Canadian thing? The U.S. versions were mounted the same, but are different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:10 am:

I thought he was putting away his gold pan !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:33 am:

It is a Canadian thing. Seen a number like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Nova Scotia plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

I thought he was placing a bag of something into the trunk, not emptying the bag. The lower end is smoothly creased, as would be the bottom of a bag. The end in his hand is wrinkled, as though the bag had been used and re-used.

Further, he has a hat in his hand. It's not clear whether the hat is in the bag or not.

I wonder if he's saying Goodbye to an old hat, as he places it in the bag of trash, as he prepares to take it to the local dump.

Fun, isn't it? Keith's post is correct - this photo meant something to somebody.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Pretty clear, a hat is either going into, or coming out of that bag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

i think he's putting his hat in bag for safekeeping, or out, as not enough room up front. probably keeps bag in trunk for that purpose. notice hat shaped head/ hair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Think he was too tall for the car with the hat on because he sure doesn't look it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration