Zagelmeyer Camper

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Zagelmeyer Camper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Bruno on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Zagelmeyer Auto Camp Co. Bay City, Michigan. I took this picture in 1971 of a 1923 Model T Ford that had this rare Kamper-Car Kit that cost $550 in 1926. My friend still owns this camper that he discovered in a shed in 1961. He restored the complete camper and he and his wife went on a Glidden Tour re-enactment some years ago in Virginia putting on a total of 1600 miles round trip from Connecticut.

Camper

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:08 am:

I have been looking for this Kamper for a number of years,

When I wrote an article for the Vintage Ford, Zagelmeyer was one of the main Model T kampers looked at.

Even though I knew this example existed no one was able to locate the owner. We desperately wanted to add more information and photographs in the article.

I have an original brochure for the Zagelmeyer motor home, here are some of the illustrations from it.

One neat thing is the roof which raises as you pull down the folding beds on the side.

zagel01
zagel01
zagel03
zagel04

Would your friend be willing to correspond with me about the zagelmeyer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:41 am:

That is an awesome camper. Love the wicker furniture in the brochure photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:17 am:

Someone should manufacture that again.

It is magnificent.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Bruno on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:38 am:

There was an article written about my friends Zagelmeyer in a 2000 issue of Motor Home Monthly written by Kit Foster. As far as we know its the only example of this type of camper remaining. I understand there are other types what they call a Camper Car still around but very few.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Some years ago I was contacted by a man in Texas who was buying Model T wheels to use on the Zagelmeyer camper trailer reproductions he planned to build. Never heard any more from him. Did this ever get off the ground? Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Sure looks roomy. I am 6'4" think I'll fit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Bruno on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:24 am:

I never heard of any reproductions as of yet. But to do this right it would take quit an undertaking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Do any prints or construction details exist ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Love the screen door entry through the cab but I have to wonder about using your stowed mattress as part of the rear wheel well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Here is a Kit Foster article on the Zagelmeyer.

http://www.kitfoster.com/carport/2007/09/happy-kamper/

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration