OT - "Just Bursting Some Buttons....Again!"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - "Just Bursting Some Buttons....Again!"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:33 am:

FYI - There's a Grandpa who is proud of a Grandson and his team-mates! And certainly, very proud of the humility and sportsmanship they continue to exhibit.
That referenced Grandson happens to be a Wide-Receiver with the Kimberly, Wisconsin H.S. football squad.
What else?
They're known as 'The Papermakers'...
The school just won their fifth-straight Division-1 Wisconsin State Championship at UW-Madison's Camp Randall Stadium... That's a "5-Peat".... "Back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back!"
They prevailed 27-7 over Sun Prairie (pop. 29,441/and a suburb of Madison).
Kimberly (pop. 6,679) extended their undefeated streak to 70, with Soldonta, Alaska as next-longest in the nation at 59.
Ten years ago, Kimberly played in Division-2, winning two State Championships, then grew into D-1.

(++ A number of those young men from both teams have already identified their future with UW!)
The local link:
http://www.postcrescent.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/11/17/kimberl y-tops-sun-prairie-fifth-straight-wiaa-football-title/869139001/

Please pardon this old guy for probably 'popping the few buttons' he's got left....
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:06 am:

Grandpas have earned the right to boast just a little bit! I know I did/do and others seem to understand and thatís my story and Iím sticking to it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:08 am:

Congratulations Grandpa. I an sure great high school and college teams provide some welcome relief from not having a viable pro team in your area. Go Patriots !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Thanks, guys.
My grandson says "Coach gives us all T-shirts at the first practice".... (The shirts all have a 'target' on the back!) "Everyone else is going to be aiming to take you out!" (At 70 straight now, imagine how much pressure can build up season to season.) When it is 'game time', players wear those shirts under their pads and jerseys. They definitely understand!
But probably the 'neatest thing' is how guys from both teams will gather at the 50-yard yard line after the game, kneeling together for a moment of prayer..... Humility and respect. We could all learn.
'A reputation (good or bad) is justifiably earned by someone's actions.'

And Jerry, (just a side note), with the NFL being a QB-driven league, losing an 'elite' affects everything. We know there can be 'dirty players' having their own mission... Try to imagine the effect of your elite QB being 'taken out'. Unfortunately, the Pats are usually "The ones everyone else 'LOVES to HATE'..." We are 360,760 'owners' strong. 13 NFL Championships since 1919! Leather helmets and no face masks.... Enjoy the envy, and have some 'Ketchup' with your meal!

My first day with E.F. Hutton was on "Black Monday". Recognizing quickly about 'Economics-101' (The law of Supply & Demand). Correlation: "TALK is cheap, because the SUPPLY exceeds the demand!"

Take Care; Behave; "Don't Shoot!" (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

Marv, That's wonderful!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

Marv...hope this post means you're pretty well on the mend! Sorry I haven't emailed ya lately. I will tonight! Congrats on the grandson's teams achievements!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

Marv, I totally agree with you.
Happy Thanksgiving

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

"You dah man Marv", glad to see you back on the Forum, "best wishes" on your surgical recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 05:41 am:

That's awesome!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration