26/27 Roadster versus Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26/27 Roadster versus Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

Curious if anyone can tell me the relative seating comfort of a 26/27 Roadster versus a Coupe.

I've owned a 26 Coupe in my younger years and being a skinny six footer found the car comfortable to drive. You would think that the Roadster would be the same, but they might have come from different body builders. The 26/27 Touring has a very crampt drivers seat, so I coudln't possibly own one.

There is a Roadster for sale some distance away that looks tempting, but if these are as tight fitting as the Touring, there's no point in thinking about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Hi Scott. I am a rotund, 5'9" and fit fine in our 27 roadster in my profile pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Scott I own all three a coupe roadster and touring. the roadster and touring are the same front seat the coupe has lots of room I am getting rid of my coupe and possibly the roadster if you would like to check them out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Scott, I have never owned or sat in a roadster or tudor sedan. I have sat in a touring and I own a 27 coupe. I am 6 foot, 220 pounds, with a 42 inch waist. The coupe has tons of room and the touring as I remember was only slightly different in space.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

In the Ford Service book there is a section for the improved car which shows how to move the seat back.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration