No go starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: No go starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

I've been working on a T that has been converted to 12 v. It has a solenoid and newer starter switch instead of the normal T starter switch. The starter worked fine for a bit, but now nothing. The solenoid clickes in, good voltage to starter terminal, but nothing from starter. What should I check first?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Your wallet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

After checking your wallet, try grabbing the wire that connects go the starter post and wiggle it. If you can wiggle it quite a bit, more than likely the solder on the bus bar has come undone. That is a very common problem among T starters.

Also, have someone hold down the starter button and then try wiggling that post. If that does the trick and it kicks on, then your bus bar will need to be repaired. I think this probably causes 90% of starter failures.

Let me know what this does.

Resoldering the bus bar isn't actually all that difficult, if you know how to solder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

I would see if the hand crank is there and use it as for the starter call Ron Patterson and get a rebuilt unit

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration