Old Photo - A Well Accessorized Model T At A Trade Show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - A Well Accessorized Model T At A Trade Show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Look at the rebound straps and steering self-centering device on the front axle!

Another car with what appears to be a splayed out rear wheel - camera angle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

I wondered if the magneto would have enough "poop" to power that spotlight, then I saw the sign at the tent door. They're selling a "Genemotor", evidently an add-on starter/generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

Uglied up, in my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

At first glance I thought, "Why is a non-T posted here?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

What's that where the rear deck is supposed to be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

Minnesota 1915-16-17 license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

You can see the Genemotor mounted on an engine in the tent. Maybe they sell and extra front spring leaf to support it. Underneath all that stuff on the car, I believe that roadster is a '15 or '16.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

That rear wheel looks like itís got gobs of negative camber!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Personalized, Cool Ride !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

The distortion or negative camber in the photo is most likely due to copying it with a digital camera and the lens not being perfectly parallel to the original photo and/or the original photo is curled and not laying flat, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

A few relevant ads on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1915-AJ-Picard-Co-NY-General-Electric-Genemotor-Ford-Ca r-Starter-Print-Ad/152759250258?hash=item2391292d52:g:lhEAAOSwldRZ8SLy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

The feller with his hand on the top bows is probably the owner ? His expression dares you to say something about his car. The old fellow next to him seems unimpressed . . .

There's not much ford sheet metal left, save the body shell. I wonder what sort of customizing is under that tarp at rear ? The original turtle deck has been removed.

Anyone for counting up the accessories / modifications ? (and we can't even see under the hood ! )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

about 22-2; windshield, anti glare device, cowl lights, hood, radiator, head lights, radiator mascot, bumper, flag on bumper, rebound straps, shock absorbers, crank holder, bracket on center front axle (steer straight device), fenders, wheels, solid rubber tires, spot light, running board tool box, hub caps, spot light, horn, what ever is mounted on rear deck in place of turtle, steering wheel.
The anti glare devices come up on ebay every so often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

I think you got 'em all, Mark - I can only add the accessory steering wheel (fat-man ?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

How does the steering self-centering device work?, never seen one before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

The person standing behind the T also has negative camber.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 07:51 am:

I love the radiator cap...looks like the guy has a giant hand, a beard and suspenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 08:31 am:

That's a good explanation Erik regarding the rear wheel. That's the second one this week. The other being the "saving for a ladder" post. Can't think of anything that could cause that in the rear except for some incredibly loose spokes which would probably have busted out long ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Here's that radiator cap, think it's the cop with signal hands, and that steady steer accessory:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

Mark, solid tires? Really? I see valve stems in the front wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Good call , Gil ! I was wondering why Mark thought they were solid tires, they don't have that "look", but the valve stems are certainly there !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

As I posted earlier, the car has a 1915-16-17 Minnesota license plate.

My dad has a Minnesota public motor vehicle registration directory that covers 1915 and part of 1916.

Plate 59916 was issued in 1915 to R.E. Anderson of Mankato, Minnesota for a Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Dan, thanks for posting that ad of the steady steer accessory, who would have thunk it would just be a giant spring attached to the tie-rod. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James MacNaughton on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Is it a mother-in-law seat where the rear deck is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 02:58 am:

Great photo!

I suspect the tent is full of accessories for a T and that the overly-accessorised car is part of the promotion.

Eg the "Ford Starting and Lighting Systems". Is the inference that the 'Genemotor' (for a mere $75) will enable the Ford owner to see where he is going by night?

Probably the horn and mirror and bumper and road smoothers are also all available within the tent. Just ask the man who is hanging on to the promo car for more details!

A great photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Are those the headlights that turn with the direction of the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 11:17 am:

There was such a thing in that era ?? Kewl !!
I don't see anything that would suggest they could operate in that way.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration