Rear view mirror

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rear view mirror
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

What does the rear view mirror for a '22 centerdoor look like? Did they even come with one? The mirror for closed cars that the vendors sell does not look like it will fit as there doesn't seem to be enough room to mount it over the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 02:12 am:

My good friend Humble Howard Genrich mounted a truck mirror on his 22 Center Door with great success. Any mirror will vibrate and be useless but if you get a convex mirror that makes things smaller and glue it over the flat mirror the fact that it is convex cures the blur you get from a flat mirror's vibration. You can even get a cheap one with a broken mirror and hide it with the glue on one. find out the sizes of glue on mirrors and then hunt for a truck mirror of that size.

Those convex mirrors are so good that we got an STC bulletin from the FAA to glue it to the inside edge of the right tip tank on any plane so equipped so we could see if the wheels were up or down. Initially we installed it on the Cessna 310's and 340's.

Yes I know it shouldn't be red but then that is Howard.

mirror

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

Tasteful red ??? Well Howard can paint it any color he wants .
As long as the cylinder head isn't painted purple ! That's where I draw the line. Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Who says it shouldn't be red! People repainted their cars all the time and just because they were black from the factory doesn't mean they have to be repainted that way. My wife complains all the time that my T's are all black. I finally gave in and painted my speedster French Grey.
Frank, I have side view mirrors on my Centerdoor already. I was looking for information on a rear view mirror on the inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

I originally had a dual set-up but replaced it with the standard rectangle one. It was secured to the top of the window frame. The outside mirrors are off a modern Harley-Davidson. I installed inserts into front pillars (A post) that accepts threaded rod on mirror. Very happy - no vibration and nice wide view.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Here's another photo...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration