Old Photo - Gas Station In Front Of The Graveyard

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Gas Station In Front Of The Graveyard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Is that a pit to the left for sevice? Must be in the south. Too cold for that up north.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

I remember racks made like the one shown from my youth, long long ago. Railroad ties were the popular material. Stacked about three high got vehicles high enough so you could sit up underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

Still cannot make out the Sunoco signs.
Sunoco pit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

I guess there is a sign at the pump, "The last guy that didn't pay is right out back".
That cemetery would still be there.I bet it has expanded and is now over that area of the station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 06:51 am:

Just gas up before you go, It's a long trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 08:18 am:

A neighbor of ours owned a successful service station on Highway 36, just outside of St Joseph, Mo. He had a drive on service ramp outside that he did oil changes on, and a small one car service garage that he mounted hundreds of tires for customers in. He did oil changes year round, regardless of the weather. He bought a different station and closed that on in the late 1960's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 08:23 am:

Dallas it sure looks like one. And not to substantial in my book. I wouldn't get under it! I love the cute little building. So sad all these relics are just about totally gone. I think there's maybe one not far from Rich Binghams little piece of paradise in Idaho?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Ron, do you have any more info on those stations? I have lived in Mound City MO. (just up 275 highway, now 59 highway) most all of my life and have spent a lot of time in St. Joe. Had some kin there and my parents would go down there a lot to go shopping in the '50's and '60's. Always made a stop at Kresgies (forunner of K Mart) , the Plymouth Dept. store and all of those cool stores downtown. Do you remember Flinchpaus'(sp) Reptile Gardens near the intersection of the Belt Highway and Fredrick? A lot sure has changed from those times. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration