High Compression Head I.D. Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: High Compression Head I.D. Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Just wondering if anyone could help I.D. this aluminum high compression head.

The combustion chamber looks like a "Z" head but it has the letter "R" cast into the water outlet.

It's a high head with Ford script. It does not say "Reeder" inside.

Is it a Z, Reeder, or something different?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Looks like a Reeder to me.
Is it high or low?
If the latter then itís almost certainly a Reeder...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Not an R.G's head. Reeders is just flat in the head.

I think it is the one built in Mi.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 03:42 am:

It looks like the Rod Jensen head that I still have. Rod had a foundry on the east coast in the early 1970's and made a aluminum high compression head that was a stock high T head on the outside but had a Ricardo combustion chamber. The current Z head is like the old Jensen head but with out the Ford script. In around 1979 I had my Jensen head on a stock 26 speedster with a OF carb and it ran great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration