Rear axle grease seal part number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rear axle grease seal part number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Does anyone have a part number for the neoprene oil seal that is fitted to the modern rear axle seals?
seal
I've damaged one of mine due to the Woodruff key being too far up the keyway.
I don't particularly want to take the back wheel off the other side just to see if there's a number on that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

Item Number: 2510NB
Per Car: 1
Year: 1918-1927
Condition: New
Price: $45.40 set

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

James

I think he is looking for just the neoprene seal and not the aluminum part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:06 am:

On the seal there should be a number.
With this number you can go to a auto part shop. They normally have a listing that will give you the right seal.
Without the number just measure the seal inside and outside diameter and thickness, with this they should be able to sell you the right seal.

Good luck
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:44 am:

Here A photo of the indications on the seal.
Made in Taiwan by PEER
POS26407TF
26 inner diameter
40 outer diameter
7 thickness
All are mm
TF is the model
Hope this helps

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 07:41 am:

This link may also help..

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/573723.html?1443196570

My local (independent) auto parts store was able to order some for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

Thank you to everyone - this was just the information I needed. So, it's 26 x 40 x 7. While I did measure the seal dimensions, I was unsure about the inside diameter; whether one was meant to use the axle diameter that the seal is used with, or the actual inside diameter of the seal, which is slightly less.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration