Old Ford Dealerships

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Ford Dealerships
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 11:15 am:

I open this thread prompted by another thread where a Model T had been on display in a dealership and never registered.
In my case back in the mid 70's when I started working in the automotive field there was a Ford dealership were it seemed like time had stopped. At least in the showroom area. The name of the dealership was Christiansen and Weiss Ford. Located on Queens Boulevard in Queens New York. The walls were full of photographs from long ago, ceilings were high and lighting was large incandesent globes. But I also remember a Model T was in the showroom. Never inquired about its history, being that I was supposed to just pick up and deliver vehicles. Many dealerships in the area didn't fair well in the 1970's and closed Christiansen and Weiss being one of them. I've tried to get information about them to no avail. I have always wondered how a dealership around for so long could close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

We have a small local Ford dealership around here that's been around since the early 20's. Changed hands a couple of times, but is still in operation. I bought me F150 there two years ago. They have a number of Model T items displayed on the walls with some great pics. All the Model T's and T parts are gone, however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

A couple of years ago the Ford dealership in Kerang, Victoria, organised a combined T and A model rally to celebrate their 100th Birthday. They still have a 1926 T model tourer sold new back in the days. It was traded back on a later model and has been kept since then.

Of particular interest is the fact it is fitted with the large brake drum rear end of the improved cars, but is fitted with 30 x 3.5 clincher tyres. I have seen a few of these in my time.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration