Best GPS Tracking Device ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Best GPS Tracking Device ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Could anybody advise in regard to experience that would help me choose the most effective GPS tracking device that would help me to safeguard my new enclosed car hauler trailer? The trailer is kept in a very secure storage facility, however, I am aware that theft is still a very real possibility, and I am aware that public law enforcement affords only a very limited degree of protection, detection and/or apprehension and recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Iím not sure about a tracker but a set of numbers on the roof helps a lot. Reflectors on the rear at the top is another good one. Anything to help identify the trailer so police will see it easy. Most trailers have a breakaway break system that can be modified with a simple switch to lock up the brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

Hitch locks, cable through wheels. Wheel locks. Thieves are rotten no good lazy poor excuse for a human. They will not take the time for the hard ones. They donít want to steal a T. To hard to sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Thanks for the response Richard; I do utilize two different types of hitch locks, plus tandem wheel locks, but I still want to equip this enclosed trailer with some type of GPS tracking device. I'm just being "real" here, and being retired from 34 years of law enforcement, I think I can speak with some degree of authority when I say that if the trailer is stolen, thinking that police will go out and actually look for it, is, frankly,....."looking thru' rose colored glasses!" And that's why I'd like to utilize some type of GPS tracking device. And I agree with you that stock Model T Fords are not usually desirable by thieves, but enclosed cargo and car hauler trailers are! The trailers are stolen to be used in other types of crime and as meth labs. Also, they are just "borrowed", used temporarily by "low-life" types to move from one "dump" to another, and then dumped off in some vacant lot, industrial area, or railroad yard. So,....again,.....anybody have experience with some sort of GPS tracker? Thanx,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

This was covered in an earlier post in the last year or so. There was a recommended unit sold on eBay for around one hundred dollars. I'm not good with the searches but someone can find it for you! It may have been in with a post about a stolen trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 12:22 am:

Harold,

you can get an emergency beacon that will send a radio signal for an extended time period, similar to ones used on small airplanes.

I have a good friend that owns a vintage very hi dollar Ferrari. He has installed a beacon signal device that is hooked up to his battery tender. This keeps the beacon battery at full charge. If someone steals the car it will trigger the beacon. I think it will send a signal for up to 2 weeks. He can track it on his I phone or his lap top

I think I will add one to my old beater Ferrari and my wifes' Shelby Cobra. I am not concerned about my brass ear cars as they are to hard to start or move.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 12:31 am:

Might want to look into www.thetrackr.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 08:34 am:

You need both the device and a monitoring service. This is what I use http://gpsandtrack.com/trailer-track-gps/. I is a one time payment for both the gps device and tracking service. I get a report once a day on the trailer location, both on our phone, and with an email. If the trailer is stolen, I can contact the service and they will turn the tracking on 'real time'. This means that it will take about a day before you can get the trailer location if it is moving, but it was the best service I found when I was looking for a system for my new trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Most Police department's have Lo Jack direction finding equipment installed in a good number of their patrol cars, You can install Lo Jack on the trailer, many construction companies use Lo Jack on their Hi Dollar equipment. But You need a system to let you know when the vehicle is moved So You can contact Lo jack ASAP to activate the hidden transmitter in the vehicle, So it can be tracked.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration