Wire wheel studs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wire wheel studs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler searle on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Got a new wire wheel hub and new studs and the tool from Snyders to install the studs.my question is, there is a flat spot on the head of the stud and I'm not sure what it's for. My other wheel is not available right now to compare.

Is there any way to screw this process up?

Thanks

Tyler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Tyler,the flat spot co-incides with a pressed in tab on the brake drum. When the stud is inserted correctly, the tab keeps it from turning in the hub.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

That flat lays up against the upset in the brake drum to keep it from spinning. Have seen some tack welded if the original upset shoulder is missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler searle on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Ok, got it. Thank you both very much

Tyler

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration