Driving in the City at Night

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Driving in the City at Night
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

Got these spiffy magnetic LED hazard lights to stick
on the back of the body for night driving in Rochester.

Light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

Good Luck but what I see is something that nobody will recognize when riding behind you at night. It's not a recognized pattern for rear lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

If it were mine I would put the lights on the rear fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

I agree. I would lose the middle one and move the others to the rear fenders, one on each. Just my 2 cents worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

Ha ... ok ... not a problem. In a big city there are street lights every 100 feet or so even on this side street. There have been times I have actually forgotten to turn on the lights in my modern car because it’s so bright. Thought these would be seen easier higher up on the body, but I can easily stick them on the fenders. Will try them there tomorrow night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

I could not decide where to put mine Mark.
I get noticed now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Ha ha ... they wouldn’t know if you’re coming or going ! Light based camouflage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

Looks great Dallas.......now all you need are the hydraulics up front so you can bounce it a bit....:-)

I'm kidding of course. It has a nice "Chistmasy" feel to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

Nice! Now a couple for the sides and there should be no reason someone says they did not see you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 08:14 am:

I like your red lights. I use a couple of magnetic flashing ones on the back of the '14 here in Houston. It is about being seen. Light up your kerosene lamps too. Where is your rear kerosene? Every little bit helps.

Drivers are used to seeing lights nearly all day, not just at dark. I have all mine lit by dusk driving around town.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Keep your tail lights as wide as you can otherwise they look like a car farther away than it really is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Wear a white shirt or jacket, or a white arm band so that drivers can see your hand signal at night. I am planning to get one of those large reflective triangles to hang off the back of the Roadster Pick Up.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration