OT - Vietnam Vet? Get the word out....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Vietnam Vet? Get the word out....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 11:23 am:

This article may be of interest. 'Vietnam' just doesn't seem to end.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/va-study-shows-parasite-vietnam-may-killing-vets-2052 34477.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Great! Just beat bladder cancer probably caused by Agent Orange and/or drinking Camp Lejeune's water and now I have to worry about this? Viet Nam just keeps on giving.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Brings a whole new meaning to don't drink the water, and Carling Black Label is nasty without ICE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

Howard, I had prostate cancer in 07. I always think it was Agent Orange. And my mother, when she was alive, for years wanted me to go to the VA. They just seem to make it to time consuming to do.

But congrats on beating the beast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Steve, get thee to a VA, you might be surprised at the help you can get, my brother was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

It depends on your local VA office.
Some are good and others stall until you die.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Steve, I have to second what David just said. The VA has been very helpful to me. Also check and see if your state has a veterans affairs department. I was amazed at what they did for me in getting benefits I didn't even know I had and they did all the paperwork. They are employed by the state to help local veterans get what they deserve. You should contact the Texas Veterans Commission. They have offices in most counties and can get you started.

Good luck, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Steve, I have to agree with David and Howard. I got into the VA healthcare system in 2009 and haven't had anything but but great service and treatment with them. My main hospital is in Leavenworth KS. I don't know what I would do without them. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 01:59 am:

Some straight-talk. We have many Veterans here who deserve to know about this. It shouldn't be overlooked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Bocchi on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:53 am:

I've been with the VA health system for six years and have only praise for the service they have given me.Stratton hospital Albany NY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

I have been going to the Saint Cloud Minn. VA for years. Good people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

"One-in five!" That's 20%!! Unknown about, and not revealed until now.... Vets all deserve to know! No soap-box intended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Everyone thinks as retired GM worker that my ins is great but the VA is much better!! Never in Vietnam or did anything but hold Grants Horse but they treat me Very Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Houston---WNC on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

G R after drinking out of popa san's rice paty--HOT black label tasted mighty GOOD ain't dead yet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration