OT. I am not old!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT. I am not old!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

I am 72 - 73 in January .

My wife just informed me that according to demographers I am only young/old. Once I am 75 I will be old/old. Then when I reach 85 I will be oldest/old.

That is if she dosen’t kill me when I tell her that we now have three snowblowers.
One is for little/deep snow, one is for medium/deep snow and one is for deep/deep snow.
If we get deepest/deep snow I am staying in bed until it melts - after all I am just simply old,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

If you plan to be 150 yrs old middle age doesn't even start until 75. It's all in how you see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

I met Jack Haley when I was 45, and he mentioned that he was 75. That seemed old at the time. Now that I'm 76 I realize that he wasn't so old after all. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

At 81, I'm older/old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

I'm old enough to know better. At least that's what my dad always told me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

I finally figured out who named these "The Golden Years"--It was the Doctors, who are now making all the gold on us!!

Christmas time comment: I'm dyslexic, and had a rather tough childhood because of it; I never got what I wanted for Christmas. I now understand! I was writing my wish list to Santana!
As my Grandmother used to say, "We are too soon old, and too late smart."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

I'm so old I knew the "Dead Sea" BEFORE it got sick.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

I think next year I will hide my own Easter eggs. If I am as successful as I have been hiding pencils and squares the past few weeks,there will plenty of eggs to find the next 2 years! Better use plastic hadn't I? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

The best thing about growing old is.......

Sorry, I forgot what I was going to say.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

I used to think that 78 was old.
this morning as I worked my way out of bed I realized that it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Mitzi Gaynor is 86 years old and still absolutely gorgeous.

http://www.missmitzigaynor.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

I feel old when I am around my kids, but after listening to all of you I'm starting to feel like a kid (almost 63) again. Thank you and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

This little community that I live in, one family, the Hattons, used to own pretty much all of it. I was with a man a few years ago heading to my house and he said to me,"there ain't hardly any of the older generations of Hattons left over here anymore are there?" I said,"yes, my neighbor Bonnie Joe." He said,"Im not talking about her, I went to school with her." I thought, yes but both of y'all are at least 85.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

I just turned 66 yesterday and don't feel that bad (old) unless my spine decides I'm over doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

I always thought that 60 was old. Now that I'm 60 I realize that ... 60 IS old.
I have aged 10 years in the past 4 months since my accident. I'm blessed to still be here though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent c bassani on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

my motto is "live to 100 or die tryin'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Fred, When you fart dust you know your REALLY REALLY oldest/old!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Jay
I’ll remember that when — hmmm — a fart is not dusty or just gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Age is a state of mind. Well, sometimes a state of body, but you get my drift. Like I say in my profile... "We may have to grow old, but we don't have to grow up"! That's my line and I'm sticking to it! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

I started chewin' tobacco when I was a kid,
I thought it would make me look mature,
And I'm very sad to say that's exactly what it did,
Cause when your teeth fall out you look older that's for sure

I rode Bulls and bareback broncs when I was young,
It was almost like I'd had my brain removed,
Now both my hips are shot, both my knees are sprung,
And I still don't know what I was tryin' to prove

I've humped up against the rain I've squinted against the sun,
The wind has blowed the moisture out of me,
And the wrinkles on my face remind me of what I've done,
A hieroglyphic autobiography

The women and the worry got my hairline in full retreat,
And what's left has turned a talcum powder gray,
Every time some little Boy Scout tries to help me cross the street,
I pin him to the wall with my cane and I say,

I ain't old boy, I just been used rough !
I drink whiskey by the gallon I take aspirin by the pound,
I ain't old I just been used rough it's a wonder I'm even still around

It ain't the age it's the mileage son things start to come unwound !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

they call them the golden years-----the only thing golden is your urine, that's if your lucky. im not complaining, I do miss all the folks that won't be haveing turkey dinner with me,another 80 year youngster,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:09 am:

You guys "crack me up", I'd LOL but it hurts too much !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Grandma said there are 3 signs you are getting old,
The first is you start misplacing things (the glasses on your head keys in your hand etc)
the second is you start forgetting things (Doctors appointments, names, pay bills etc)
Hummm I can't remember what the third thing was!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 11:16 am:

G.R.
The third thing is
Oh --heck I did pay the bills and they were mailed last week before I forgot what I was going to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

I don't think that forgetting to pay a bill is really that big of a deal! Sometimes, you forget to pay one, and sometimes, you pay one twice! No prob', right? It all evens out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Who is Bill?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Dallas - That's just some ol' guy with five subscriptions to Reader's Digest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

I was told that you are getting old when you forget to zip up.

You are really old when you forget to zip down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

I look and feel a lot older than I really am thanks to a life of some hard whiskey drinkin'! I think I'll pour me another......

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

I am a few days older than I was when I first read this post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Rich, That is one of my favorite Dave Stamey songs, that and Dusty Roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Based on Fred's original post I will officially be old/old in February and that's a good thing when I think of the alternative
(dead/dead :-) My children get annoyed when I say I'm in the top of the ninth but on the plus side everything I buy has a lifetime warranty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

My grandparents had the famous wall hanger, “Do not regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.” Now I'm about their age when I first saw the sign but I'm not old yet. I enjoy growing older and I also am looking forward to the alternative of growing older.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration