Old Photo - Radio Antenna Outfitted Model T ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Radio Antenna Outfitted Model T ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Roger Roger. What's our vector Victor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

I think the Detroit PD had one of the first (if not THE first) "radio cars." Looks like a photo of that one, but not 100% sure......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

I've seen the picture before. Don't remember all the details, but think it may have been one of the first efforts for police radio cars. As I recall, the rear seat area was nearly filled with radio equipment, and barely enough room for the radio operator. Detroit also rings a bell, but I could be wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

"One of the first police cars equipped with radio is shown off in 1935 by Patrolman Walter Stick. The police station was KOP. (The Detroit News)"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 07:14 am:

I've seen 4 and 6 lug demountables, and now 5.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

An early form of GPS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Vern,
Those are Firestone brand, very well made but heavy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/657091.html?1468637186

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Texting and driving: Marconi edition.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration