Steve Jelf- Could you share a couple of pictures?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Steve Jelf- Could you share a couple of pictures?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 07:53 am:

I bought a Stewart Warner signal 114-a that supposedly worked,it didn't. I pulled up on the plunger and when it came out of the horn I realized the #4-40 screw in the end was missing (circle at end of plunger) but there seems to be something missing from the gear mechanism that makes it work If you could post a pic of yours I would be grateful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

OK, here we go. Views from every side.

I was given this plunger. It's mostly wrong, but the teeth seem to be right. If you can get some good pictures of yours and post them with measurements, I think I could make one that will work on my horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

First the measurements
Narrow side of plunger .247 (just under 1/4 inch)
Wide side of plunger .373
Hole at the end is threaded #4 40
"Cut Down"at end of teeth is .300
length of plunger from under the head 3.750 inches
there is a hole in the end of the plunger it penetrates about 1.5"
Teeth are 10 teeth per inch

The plunger and spring are inserted after the "gearbox" is installed in the housing and there is just enough room to install the stop screw so your plunger doesn't come back out.

(I left out the spring for ease of photography.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

Excellent! Exactly what I need. You can bet I'll use Lock-tite on that stop screw.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration