Old Photo - Model t Era - Posing With The Wawona Tree In Mariposa Big Trees Park

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model t Era - Posing With The Wawona Tree In Mariposa Big Trees Park
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 10:09 am:

I have been through that tree several times in different cars. The oldest car I was in was a 1931 Model A.

The tree blew down in a storm a number of years ago. Now you can only enter the grove on foot or by shuttle. No private cars allowed any more.

I think the tunnel through the trunk of the tree is what weakened it and the wind just broke it off.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Looks like the hood is missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Cool photo! I think that the age of the tree is off by 4000 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

My son worked as a firefighter/medic for two years in Yosemite at the Wawona Station, where the Mariposa Grove is located. It's right next to Wawona (southern entrance of Yosemite).
Here's what the tree looks like now:

{

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

Thats so sad !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Not a Model T.

Dad got his name in the paper driving his Dodge through the wrong way. Must have been a slow news day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Some of my favorites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:15 am:

Looks as though the world's first traffic jam was at the Wawona Tree (as in the main photo).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration