1924 Touring front seat wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1924 Touring front seat wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason midyette on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

What wood should there be in the seat back of a 1924 touring?

Thanks

Jason Midyette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

I don't think tourings had any wood supports behind the back of the front seat. The seat back springs hung from cloth straps tacked to the upper front seat back sill wood.

There may have been a piece of cardboard between the seat back springs and sheet metal to reduce the squeaking (for a while). :-)

http://www.fordwood.com/images/tour23new.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:43 am:

here ya go.

rear

front

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Be sure to place a piece of felt in there, or it will vibrate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

The best thing to do is install some Dynamat type of insulation in there before you put the wood in, it makes the body more solid and less "tinny" sounding

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson_graham nc on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I put the cardboard that the springs came in behind the seat of my 24 touring

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration